These protein balls without dates are gluten free bites of afternoon satisfaction to get anyone with a sweet tooth through the day. They’re like chocolate-chip oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough, with all of those flavors in a no-bake bite. Full of protein and fiber, they are filling. One is enough to curb the afternoon need to snack.
Protein Balls Without Dates
I have noticed that a lot of healthier recipes use dates because they are so sweet. You might be on the lookout for an energy bite that has a different base flavor.
This one is it!
Since they roll into balls, be careful what style of added ingredients you use. Mini chips are better than dark chocolate chunks. A small chop on the almonds is preferred over using almond slices. These choices make for easier rolling and prettier balls.
I also have a favorite energy bite that does contain dates, and you can check it out here.
Food Processor or Chopper
You really need a high-speed chopper or food processor to get the ingredients incorporated well for this snack. You can stir them up in a bowl, but it will take some elbow grease. Combine the almond flour, oats, nut butter, chia seeds, vanilla, and salt until fully mixed, then add the mini chips, dried cranberries, and chopped almonds. If the mixture is dry, go ahead and add a little water – one teaspoon at a time – to help it come together.
Once everything is moistened, dump it out on a board and use a cookie scoop to make uniform sized balls, and then give them a quick roll with your hands to perfect the spheres.
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 c semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 c chopped almonds or nut of choice
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- In a bowl or food processor, combine the almond flour, oats, nut butter, chia seeds, vanilla, and salt. Stir or process until smooth.
- Add mini chips, dried cranberries, and chopped almonds, and pulse a few times to incorporate all ingredients.
- Dump contents onto a mat. Roll into 1 1/4" balls and store in refrigerator. These also freeze well and thaw quickly.
Leave a Reply