More than 20 years ago, I came across this easy microwave Coffee Shop Fudge in a magazine. I was drawn to the simplicity and mostly to the lack of requiring a candy thermometer to make it! Dump, microwave, stir, pour, chill. Who doesn’t love a fudge recipe like that?
I have happy memories of sharing this at one of our first Christmas open houses that we hosted in our early marriage. The coffee drinkers noticed the subtle flavor of coffee in each bite, and they raved! It was affirming and delightful to celebrate the season with friends. (As it always is!)
The most difficult part of this recipe is saving some coffee to use in it. If you forgot, and drank it all in the morning, all you have to do is make a little bit more!
The ingredients are readily available in most well-stocked pantries: sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, cinnamon, vanilla, and coffee. Plus a pinch of salt and pecans if desired, and you’re set.
Coffee Flavor – in Fudge!
The small amount of coffee used in this microwave coffee shop fudge lends just enough taste to please the palate that enjoys a cup or four of coffee each day. It adds depth and reduces the overwhelming sweet flavor of the fudge. And, it’s a nice difference to the usual Christmas goodies on your platter.
The ingredients are simply melted in a microwave safe bowl, poured into a pan prepared with parchment, and chilled. So quick, so tasty, so satisfying!
Microwave Coffee Shop Fudge
- 3 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 T strong brewed coffee
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c chopped pecans (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 300° (just for toasting the pecans - skip this step if you don't want pecans)
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and butter or spray the paper.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes in the oven, checking every few minutes and turning if needed. Chop pecans.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, coffee, cinnamon, and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans. Spread into prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
Try these other Christmas Goodies: